In addition to age, there are other extrinsic factors that we can control to prevent premature aging of the skin, such as excessive sun exposure, smoking or the diet we follow.
Why does the skin age?
When observing two people of the same age, we often notice that one of them looks much younger than the other and we ask ourselves: how did he do it? The skin, like the rest of our body, ages over the years, but there are other factors that influence:
– Genetics: the hereditary factor influences a lot, as well as the characteristics of the skin (if it is fat, dry, with a tendency acne, etc.).
– The sun: excessive exposure to the sun causes the appearance of sunspots, veins (spider veins), fine wrinkles … Protect your skin before and after sunbathing and do not spend too many hours under its rays.
– Tobacco: the harmful substances of the tobacco cause a series of changes in our metabolism that accelerate the aging of the skin, in addition to giving it a yellowish haggard tone. The good news is that these changes associated with tobacco are reversible if you stop smoking.
– Hormonal changes, especially menopause.
– Diet and alcohol: a diet poor in anti-free radicals and essential fatty acids, as well as excessive alcohol intake, favor premature aging of the skin. Keep reading https://www.afpafitness.com/research-articles/common-premature-aging-factors
Signs of skin aging
– Fine wrinkles.
– Loss of firmness and elasticity.
– Progressive thinning of the skin, that is, reduction of the fatty tissue that lies beneath it, especially around the eyes and cheeks.
– The amount of collagen also decreases.
– Large spots appear in areas exposed to the sun (face, hands …).
– The blood vessels become more fragile, which causes veins, hematomas, capillary hemangiomas, and other related conditions to appear.
Can it be prevented?
From the age of 20 it is recommended to adopt a series of measures to slow down the aging of the skin as much as possible, such as avoiding sunburn, moisturizing the skin daily with a good cream, removing makeup and cleaning the skin thoroughly every day, Take a healthy and balanced diet, drink plenty of water, avoid tobacco and alcohol, exercise frequently …
These tips help control the aging of the skin from inside and outside. But also, it is advisable to use specific creams that nourish, regenerate and prevent the oxidation of the skin, delaying the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and giving the skin a luminous, young and healthy appearance.
You may also like Types Of Facial Skin: Fading Skin